1. Use your Bristol paper. In the center of the page, create (2) 10”x10” squares. Each square will be gridded out with 2” squares.
2. In each 2” square, create a pattern with a minimum of 4 shapes and a maximum of 4 colors. All colors must be mixed.
3. Pick a color scheme to work with like complementary, analogous, cool, or warm.
4. Plan the first 10”x10” piece with 4 colors.
5. In the second piece, use 3 of the 4 colors (occupying the same position it had in the first piece) and completely change the nature of the image by replacing the 4th color with a new color. You can emphasize diagonal, vertical, horizontal, or secondary shape.
6. Work on both simultaneaously.
7. Suggestions for variations: